Tuesday 2 February 2010

Assessment 3 BBFC Target Audience Research

I've decided that my horror opening sequence is going to be an 18 rated certificate. This is because I am 18 and an 18 rated certificate can reach a wider demographic audience as anyone over that age can view it. Also there isn't a particular age where you have to stop watching an 18 rated certificate all adults can watch them. With it being an 18 it can be more edgy, feature more violent scenes and contain the use of stronger language. It can be also a lot more thrilling and horrific and scare the audience which is the main aim of a horror film. If I wanted it to be a 15 rated fil I would be very limited to what type of content I can include. Whereas with an 18 certificate I can include what I want within the BBFC guidlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment